„You don’t have to do this.“
Maiyrah turned around and looked squarely into the Twi’lek’s eyes. Neither of them moved so much as a fingertip until Maiyrah’s expression softened and she gently shook her head.
“You approached me with a request and I agreed to help you. You said you wouldn’t be able to pull it off alone.”
Ayy rolled her eyes and gestured dismissively.
“Guards. Too frickin’ many of ‘em, even for my sizeable stack of detonators.”
“Besides, I’m not too fond of this… practice, either.”
The Twi’lek tilted her head.
“You sure this won’t get you into trouble?”
Maiyrah’s answer was a reassuring nod.
“Thank you, Mai. You have no idea how much that means.”
Ayy looked down through the opening of the maintenance duct into the corridor and took a deep breath. An Imperial guard patrolling the area had just walked past them, still oblivious. The two trespassers weren’t too far off the makeshift slave enclosure they were targeting, but the chance of getting there without causing a commotion was vanishingly low.
They looked at each other again.
Welcome to another Twi’lek Tuesday party! I prepared cookies, tea, screenshots and a little story scrap about Ayy and @VayynWasTaken’s Maiyrah. The screenshot was kind of an accident during the preparation period of an Odessen warzone, but I liked the lighting and perspective so much that I used it as a writing prompt. Nothing too fancy, but it was still fun to write.
Do you like this collage and want to contribute? This is how it works:
- You take a screenshot (or many!) of your Twi’lek that you find worth sharing.
- I don’t take screenshots without permission, so if you want to have yours included in one of my posts you either have to link it to me on Twitter or leave a comment here. I don’t bite, promise!
- If you send me more than one screenshot I’ll spread those out over the following Tuesdays, one at a time.
- In case you’re on my “ongoing-permission list” and I have more than one screenshot from you, I’ll give preference to pics you post on the Tuesday in question and save the rest for later.
- I don’t care about how many different characters you have, I just won’t post the same screenshot twice.
- I will edit screenshots with poor lighting or UI elements and (try to) crop them to fit a 16:9 format.
- I will credit you in the caption of your screenshot.