Lonlou signalled her master to stop. She rested her elbows on her knees, panting. Both deactivated their sabers.
To every other person Vuren’s face would have been a stoic, unwavering mask, but the young Mirialan knew her master well enough to pick up on the subtlest of changes, and she knew that something about her bothered him.
“What is it now?” The snarling undertone of her question did not escape Vuren, who grew increasingly concerned. Lonlou straightened herself again and looked her master squarely into the eyes, her expression an angry scowl. “My strikes are swift, precise and unpredictable enough to make even you stagger.”
Vuren nodded slowly. “You’re right.” He walked a few steps towards her. “You fight with the grace of a pouncing predator, but that is what concerns me. You are not calm. I can feel the emotions rush through you as soon as you draw your saber.” He turned around, heading for his quarters. “I suggest you go back to the chamber and meditate on the Code.”
An audible exhalation behind him made him stop in his tracks.
“I hate meditating.”
“’Hate’ is a strong word.” Vuren was facing her again and eyed Lonlou’s clenched fists with great concern. “Remember, we do not fight for pleasure, Padawan.”
Lonlou’s mouth escaped a shrill laughter. The way he didn’t say her name stung her. “We do not fight for pleasure? Says who, the oh-so honourable Jedi who spends hours each day honing three different styles?”
Vuren’s face visibly tightened at her bold riposte. Lonlou wielded words like blades sometimes. He took a deep breath before answering.
“I train to always be ready. I train to center myself. I train to become one with the Force. But most importantly, I fight to defend and not to kill.” His stern look made Lonlou shift her weight uncomfortably.
“Meditate on the Code.”
And with this command, he left the room.
Greetings, esteemed guests! Welcome to another Twi’lek Tuesday post. I’m sick, which means my brain is mush and I’m loafing around a lot, but I had enough energy left to post something anyway. Enjoy. :)
Nevermind that I swore not to write more than 150 words for #TT anymore. Nevermiiind.
Partners in crime:
Do you like this collage and want to contribute? This is how it works:
- You take a screenshot (or many!) of your Twi’lek that you find worth sharing.
- I don’t take screenshots without permission, so if you want to have yours included in one of my posts you either have to link it to me on Twitter or leave a comment here. I don’t bite, promise!
- If you send me more than one screenshot I’ll spread those out over the following Tuesdays, one at a time.
- In case you’re on my “ongoing-permission list” and I have more than one screenshot from you, I’ll give preference to pics you post on the Tuesday in question and save the rest for later.
- I don’t care about how many different characters you have, I just won’t post the same screenshot twice.
- I will edit screenshots with poor lighting or UI elements and (try to) crop them to fit a 16:9 format.
- I will credit you in the caption of your screenshot.