Part #2: link
Serene silently watched as RA-01 shoved a repulsorlift stretcher through the door of her main laboratory compartment. An unconscious figure was curled up atop it, breathing almost imperceptibly.
“What is that?” the Twi’lek asked slowly. She pushed a few buttons on the equipment before her and the sensor readings stopped. The faint light emitted from the screens died and left the room in a somber twilight. Now the newcomer and the droid had her undivided attention.
“A new specimen for you to explore, my Lord!”
Serene eyed the human curiously while peeling the moist gloves from her hands.
“You had no orders” she stated quite matter-of-factly, but the droid knew his constructor well enough not to mistake the superficial calmness for anything but a covert threat.
“I- I know, my Lord. You see, on my last errand an interesting opportunity presented itself and I c-couldn’t resist taking this specimen back with me” RA-01 stammered, his slender, beak-like head twitching nervously.
Serene leaned back on the worktop behind her, absently twirling what looked like a feeble tentacle between the fingers of her right hand. Her scrutinizing gaze moved back and forth between the human and her assistant. Or was it just the nystagmus again?
Her thoughts drifted off into the past for a moment. RA-01 was the first droid she had built back when this hideout was still little more than a hole in ground. She had purposefully allowed him the most agency of all her creations, but every now and then a shadow of doubt crossed her mind. Like now, when he unwantedly dumped a filthy mammal in her sacred place of research. Still, he rarely ever disappointed her, so she decided to save her breath. Breath was a precious commodity for Serene.
“Very well. Put it over there.”
Happy Twi’lek Tuesday everyone! Are you excited for 5.0? I know I am. Hopefully I could save you one or two minutes of boredom with this post until the servers come up again.
Lots of pretty faces:
Do you like this collage and want to contribute? This is how it works:
- You take a screenshot (or many!) of your Twi’lek that you find worth sharing.
- I don’t take screenshots without permission, so if you want to have yours included in one of my posts you either have to link it to me on Twitter or leave a comment here. I don’t bite, promise!
- If you send me more than one screenshot I’ll spread those out over the following Tuesdays, one at a time.
- I have an ongoing-permissions list for people whose screenshots I can take without asking first. Tell me if you want to be on it.
- I don’t care about how many different characters you have, I just won’t post the same screenshot twice.
- I will edit screenshots with poor lighting or UI elements and (try to) crop them to fit a 16:9 format and credit you in the caption.